This interactive workshop covers sweater manufacturing from yarn through design, fabrication, and garment assembly. Emphasis will be placed on machine technology for piece goods, sweater panels, and integrally knitted garment manufacturing. Garment design, cut and sew, linking, and cup seaming are highlighted as well. All stitches and techniques on the sweater machine used to shape the panels and garments will be explored. Techniques used to provide dimensional stability and improve performance will be explained. Garment wet processing is reviewed, including, steaming, blocking, dyeing, and finishing.
The application period has closed for this workshop.
- 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. ET
- Basics of sweater knitting technology
- Basic sweater stitches
- Types of sweater knitting systems
- Garment engineering and assembly
- Sewing, cup seaming, and linking
- Sweater wet processing
- Acquire basic knowledge of cotton sweater manufacturing.
- Learn about machinery and design techniques for sweater products.
- Understand the capabilities of sweater knitting and finishing equipment for performance applications.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
- This is a basic-level workshop. Basic knowledge of knit fabric construction is required.