The workshop covers the basics of textile processing—fiber, yarn, knitting, weaving, preparation, dyeing, and finishing. The workshop highlights the relationship between each step and its effect on the characteristics of the final product.
The application period has closed for this workshop.
- 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. ET
- Fiber science—characteristics and properties
- Yarn formation—spinning and yarn numbering
- Knitting—knitting cycle and basic constructions
- Weaving—weaving cycle, terminology, and basic design
- Preparation—objectives and processes
- Dyeing—performance characteristics, dyestuffs, machinery
- Finishing—chemical and physical
- Acquire technical knowledge of basic woven and knit fabric engineering.
- Acquire technical knowledge of basic wet processing operations.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
- This is a beginner-level workshop. No prerequisites are required.