The workshop covers the basics of textile processing – fiber, yarn, knitting, weaving, preparation, dyeing, and finishing. The workshop highlights the relationship between each step and its effect on the characteristics of the final product.
The application period has closed for this workshop.
- 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Fiber science—characteristics and properties
- Yarn formation—spinning and yarn numbering
- Knitting—knitting cycle and basic constructions
- Weaving—weaving cycle, terminology, and basic design
- Preparation—objectives and processes
- Dyeing—performance characteristics, dyestuffs, machinery
- Finishing—chemical and physical
- Acquire technical knowledge of basic woven and knit fabric engineering.
- Acquire technical knowledge of basic wet processing operations.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
- Meet peers from other companies with similar responsibilities and interests.
- This is a beginner-level workshop. No prerequisites are required.