This workshop covers the key principles and techniques used in garment wet processing including chemical and physical techniques. Instruction covers the advantages and disadvantages of garment wet processing over processing fabrics prior to constructing garments.
The lectures will detail the preparation of fabric for garment wet processing, dyeing, afterwashing, and finishing. Focus on the equipment used as well as current technologies will provide attendees with a full understanding of garment processing capabilities. New garment processing technology includes concepts such as ultra-low liquor ratio dyeing, new dyeing techniques for garments, and special garment finishing machines. Discussion with instructors, animations, and videos will be used to provide a full understanding of garment wet processing.
- 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. ET
- Garment assembly requirements for garment dyeing (fabrics, thread, buttons, zippers, etc.)
- Preparation of garments for dyeing and finishing
- Garment dyeing
- Enzyme treatments
- Softeners and garment performance finishes
- Machinery technologies (laser, jet rotary machines, etc.).
- Acquire technical knowledge of basic garment wet processing and technologies to make better end product decisions.
- Receive first-class instruction from industry professionals.
Knowledge of fabric and garment formation and dyeing processes is a plus. This is a beginner-level course.